Quick beauty for new mums and mums to be
Easy peasy, 5-minute makeup routine, because sometimes makeup isn’t just makeup, it’s a little triumph of order over chaos...
Where did I go?!
Any new mum knows that the first thing to go is You. Your sleep, your daily shower, your clean hair – the last thing on your mind is how you look. Which is fine, and how it should be for a while. But there comes a time when you need to reclaim a little bit of You, a semblance of normality in the amazing new chaos that is your life. When that time comes, you will know it. You will be sick of looking at that puffy eyed, undereye circle ridden Gorgon who stares back from the mirror with hair that looks like it was styled by a vacuum in reverse.
For those days, here’s a quick makeup routine that will take 5 minutes:
- Tinted Moisturiser with sunscreen – because even a little bit of coverage is better than no coverage. My favourite is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20. If you are seriously sleep deprived you could try the Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser which has a very subtle shimmer in it, to make you look dewy and awake (even when you’re not).
- Concealer – your new best friend. Seriously you’ll be wanting to take it out for dinner you’re going to love it so much! Make it something easy and long lasting you can dab on with a finger, like Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place concealer.
- Blush – I’m going to say go for a cream blush because it’s quick and simple and can be tapped on with a finger then tossed in your handbag, no brush required. Plus nothing perks up your face like a hint of rose (or pink, or peach). Try Stila Convertible Color or Becca Crème Blush (especially gorgeous on darker skin tones).
- Mascara – ditch the eyelash curler, just ink up those lashes. Make it a mascara that you know is going to stay – no smearing, flaking or smudging please! Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara fits that bill.
- Tinted lip balm – Bobbi Brown makes some nice ones - I particularly like the Lip Tints SPF 15 because they give a hint of color with some shine, easy enough to apply whilst you’re pushing the stroller.
And there You are again! Because sometimes makeup isn’t just makeup, it’s a little triumph of order over chaos...