Spooky Spider Make and Do
For your curious little ones, we’ve planned some great make & do’s so she can discover and do alongside her favourite new character, Jess the cat. Our first activity shows you a quick and easy way to make spider’s webs so you’ll have plenty of spooky decorations in time for Halloween!
Make your own spider’s web: Jess the cat®’s spooky make & do!
Little kids ask big questions, and your preschooler’s full of them as she explores the world around her. But guess who has all the answers? Jess the cat has! In brand new pre-school show Guess with Jess, Jess and his friends get curious about one of those big questions like ‘why do spiders build webs?’ or ‘how can we make a boat?’. There’s lot s of fun adventures and excitement before they get to the right answer!
You can do it too!
Just like your preschooler Jess is ready to ask it, test it out and find a way, with a little help from his friends...
Make your own spiders web
What you’ll need: 3 pipe cleaners (all the same size), wool or string.
- Take 2 pipe cleaners, and twist them together in the middle to make an X
- Twist the third in too, so now you have a 6-pointed star shape like this Ж
- You’re ready to add the cobwebs: tie the wool to the middle of your star shape, then help your preschooler make an outwards spiral, wrapping the wool once round each ‘leg’ of the web to secure it.
- Aim to go round 3 or 4 times, then again tie the wool in a knot on one of the legs to hold it tight. Add some glitter or tufts of cotton wool to your web to complete the creepy effect.
- Your web’s ready, where’s your spider? Stick on a toy spider (there’s plenty about at this time of year!) or make a mini creeper out of left-over pipe cleaners.
If you’re really lucky, you’ll spot a spider making his own web in the park or garden, see how quickly he works!
Tune in to the new series to find out why spiders build webs… Guess with Jess starts Monday 9th November on Cbeebies at 9.45am - don’t miss it! Check out guesswithjess.com for more fun ways to explore!