Easter baking - fabulous fairy Cakes
Kids in the kitchen is always great fun, especially when you’re making seasonal treats like these!
Easter Bunny Fairy Cakes
These are such fun to make and are guaranteed to impress the whole family at Easter! This mix will make 20+ cakes depending on size.
Fairy cake mix
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat stove to 190°C/375°F.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the sugar, margarine, vanilla extract and eggs.
4. Fold the creamed mixture into dry ingredients and beat together, gradually adding 1 cup milk.
5. Bake using a cupcake sheet or separate paper cases (you’ll need to remove the cakes for decorating) for 16-18 minutes and allow to cool before decorating.
- Cake frosting
- Icing pen
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
1. Cover the cupcakes in frosting.
2. Twist apart an Oreo cookie and then carefully cut the frosted side in half. Gently press them into place in the frosting on top of the cupcake, to form chocolate bunny ears with a cute white lining!
3. Use two chocolate chips and an M&M to form the bunny’s eyes and nose.
4. Use two mini marshmallows under his nose to form his cheeks.
5. Use the icing pen to draw in his whiskers.
6. The finishing touch: a large marshmallow pressed firmly in the side of the cupcake at the back, to form a fluffy white tail!